View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 11:29 AM

Default The application Pro Tools has quit unexpectedly..

Hey guys. Here goes nothing.. I am BRAND NEW to Pro Tools as well as Mac Book computers so I really need some "layman's terms" help here. I'll start off with my system specs..

System:
Mac Book Pro OS X 10.8.5

Processor:
2.6 GHz Intel Core 17

Memory
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Audio Interface:
Avid Fast Track Duo

Midi:
M-Audio Oxygen25 Keyboard

Software Version:
Pro Tools 11.0.2

Okay, so I installed Pro Tools two days ago and have been using it minimally as I've been watching a tutorial on how to use it. Yesterday, I decided to download whatever plugins I saw were available to me without recognizing one of them weren't compatible with my version. I downloaded AIR Creative Collection and AVID Virtual Instruments. I finally was able to install them today and, after installation, reopened Pro Tools. I tried to look for the plugins through the program on a Midi track that I created and the program closed on me. I looked at this forum and saw that plugins are usually the cause of this issue so I double checked my plugins and realized that AVID Virtual Instruments were not compatible with PT '11 so I sent the file folder to my Trash Bin (I have yet to empty). I reopened PT and as soon as I try to navigate anything, it closes again. So I did the same with my AIR CC plugins.. sent them to the trash (once again not emptying because I want to be able to restore them after I assess the issue with this program). When I start PT up I do, however, see the plugins still being recognized on start up. I'm so confused. What should I do guys? Hope I gave enough info. Don't want any more issues just want to get back to my work. Thanks.