View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Purchase PT9 upgrade from 7.4... but sold the 002...

I think I made it pretty clear that you MUST have the serial number of the MAudio or Digidesign hardware to get the crossgrade price. If you can get the hardware from someone (grandmother's included) AND the registered serial number has not been used to upgrade already, you are qualified for the crossgrade price. Go for it.

The point is that current owners of Protools M-Powered or Protools LE hardware are eligible for the corssgrade. Since you sold your 002R, you are not a CURRENT owner of the qualifying hardware anymore according to the definition.

I see nothing wrong with trying to get the best price for hardware or software. It sounds like you have not been too happy with AVID in the past and therefore don't want to give them your money (or any more of your money). I suppose if you buy a used interface, AVID does not get your money directly.

When you sold the 002R you got back some money and also benefited from the time that you did own and use Protools with it. If you once again want to use Protools, it is only fair to pay AVID for the license to use their software products.

In case you are not aware, you also MUST purchase an iLok to use PT9. I just didn't want you to get upset when you find out. iLok is not owned by AVID (at least I don't know that it is).

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.3.1 running Protools 2024.3