View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 01:58 PM

Default Re: best drum software?????

I have BFD3 (been using since v1.5), SSD4, Strike and the NI KKU kits.

Strike has caused me quite a few midi timing problems (reported and acknowledged by AIR over 2 years ago & still no fix) so that very rarely sees the light of day. SSD4 is great to just throw on when you need something fast but in my mind BFD is the best sounding and most editable out of all of those. The groove editor is great - I'm on Cubendo mainly these days but I still use the BFD editor as it has some nice features for writing drum parts.

It's only real problem is the horrendous looking interface. It's ugly. REAL ugly.

The NI stuff is ok in certain situations. I'm using AR80's Drummer (and Arturia's Spark) for a multi song 80's live project at the moment.

I've never really been tempted with Superior Drummer but one feature I sorely wish was in BFD and SSD is Easy Drummer's groove search feature (SD bizarrely seems to be missing this?). I've nearly bought ED in several sale offers over the years just for that feature alone.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256