View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Anyone use DFH Superior out there?

Quote:
Hey G,

That link says 299 not the 199 you entered.
Also can you go over the usage a little more in detail for us newbies. Mainly explain how to use it in a LE system, as it is not a RTAS plugin. Does the DFHS interface come up plugins inserts? How does it function with rewire? What about the Fxpansion VST-RTAS wrapper would this work better?

Just a little help before I lay down my money would be great.

-Chuck
O.K. guys.....I said in my earlier post-"I pre-ordered". I bought it in January at $199.00 + $9.75 for shipping.
Then I said- it's still cheaper than BFD NOW.
Once you register DFHS at their site you can download the ReWire for it.
I make like 9 or 10 mono Auxes and two stereo auxes and one midi track. Then insert the drummer (((plug-in))) on all the auxes and send the midi to the drummer. Then launch DFHS' ////drummer rewire launcher//// sampler (It's not in Pro Tools) I have an alias of it on my dock.
From there you just follow the windows and build your kit, then go back to Pro Tools hit record on the midi track and bang away!
No need for the FXpansion adapter...that's just more $$$ spent.
The DFHS manual will show you how to set it up with or without bleeding.
Kits can get big...HUGE with bleeding on, just turn it off when programming and when you bounce the DFHS audio in the DFHS bounce window, bleeding automatically mixes in.
This thang is or should I say will be THEE drum sampler for a loooong time coming.
Gotta run...Ya'll can catch me here if ya' want