View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 05:38 PM

Default Re: problem with orange two stroke eq pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyimp View Post
I'm aware of this distinction, but thank you for the nice explanation! I suspect -- but am not sure -- that this is the reason for the problem I'm having. I was wondering, and still don't know, if there's something wrong with my pedal or whether all Orange 2-Stroke pedals suffer from this same problem. I would add that the problem appears to be related to the very hot signal coming from the seymour duncan black winter pickups in the guitar. I tried my other guitar with seymour duncan sh-1 pickups in it and the problem seemed to go away (or at least was much less pronounced). I'll also add that the problem doesn't seem to be an issue with the EQ engaged.

I love it! I minored in EE (ages ago) but don't think I'm up to modding itmyself to get true bypass. I'll consider crossing that bridge should I try building a pedalboard or playing live with it.
I would say the problem is endemic to all buffered bypass pedals irrespective of manufacturer or the way a pedal is used. Some have issues more than others, sadly.

As to the EE business my day job for 15 years was designing satellite command and control systems (the ground stations not flight hardware). The company started as RCA Astro in East Windsor NJ then we changed to being owned by GE and then Martin Marietta and finally Lockheed Martin. Also go to debug/test the systems as well. And travel the world on the company's dime for installations.

QAPLA!