View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools MIDI Editor: is it me or is it really that bad??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucero del Alba View Post
Hi, this is my first post. I'm new both to the Mbox 3 Pro and Pro Tool 9(.0.5), which I have been intensively using for about two months now.

I can hardly trim a MIDI note when there is some automation (say, modulation wheel) on it, it takes about 30 seconds of keeping pressed the left button of the mouse... no kidding, a-single-note. When editing a few MIDI tracks, switching from one instrument to another takes about 10 seconds, either using the tracks menu or by just clicking on a different instrument on the editor itself; and I'm not talking about a 70-orchestra, right now I'm experiencing this with 6 MIDI tracks.

Okay, you probably see my frustration by now. My computer is more than fine, shouldn't be the problem (editing audio not MIDI is a flawless). Am I missing something or is this thing really this bad? Anyone else?
Welcome to the club! I've had the same problem after updating to PT 9.05, with any sesssion having more than 50 tracks (my template is 140). I donwgraded to 9.03 and it works better. Not as fast as it should be, but definetly an improvement over 9.05. PT 9.05 has a serious bug when it comes to midi, and after many complaints, AVID is aware of that (check out several threads on that) and they promised a quick fix, which is yet to materialize.

We are all waiting for PT 9.06 or PT 9.1 to fix the midi issues, but Avid was busy releasing PT10, and I heard they recently laid off some employees, so it might take till early 2012 to see the new update.
In the meantime, try uninstalling 9.05, and isntall 9.03 and see if it works.