View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Black Friday 20 percent off subscription plans now til 12/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemcv View Post

I wonder if you switch to the two year subscription to save money on the first two years over continuing the support plan, will you then loose your old perpetual licenses from your account because you are now renting the latest version. I have perpetual PT 10, 11, 12, Ultimate. Does anyone know the deal on that? I use 10 and 11 at times when I have to run MT Lion for certain work.
YES you have to surrender your perpetual license.. do NOT switch to subscription.. Why do you think they are offering HEAT and the plugin bundle and 2 years at a massive discount? Cause Avid WANT people to surrender their perpetual licenses for a sub.. See.. one can decide to not renew their support plan, and still use the current version of the software on their current OS for the rest of their life if they choose. With a sub, once you stop paying, the software stops working. Period.

In the case of PT standard..$99 sub per year for two years (which used to be the cost of support plan renewal), but then it goes to 300 bucks a year. Which is more expensive than the support plan renewal.
So.. Let's say -cross grading from perpetual to 5 years of pro tools subscription is $99 for two years then $299 for 3 years, so, a total of $1095

Keeping your support plan going for the next 5 years equals a total of $995

Um.. pretty scummy tactic by Avid, to entice people to give up the software they own, to pay them more in the long run to rent it.
*Really* scummy.