View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Will Aspera stop DD central site after Dec.2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Hi Matts,

how did you try the apsera software solutions? I´ve contacted aspera sales about a possible cross-grade that is mentioned on their site and never got a response. For their web-site it´s very difficult to find out which one of their products could actually be a good alternative for DD.

Frank.

P.S.: I´ve tried Gobbler too and found similar things as you did. Also to download something the recipient has to sign up for Gobbler. Not that great. Also uploading confidential footage to "the cloud" is not compatible with some of the contracts and NDAs I´m tied in.
Hi Frank,

Sorry for the late reply.

I found this page: http://demo.asperasoft.com/ where I used this link "Login to the test page".

For evaluation purposes you can here download demofiles (of different size, up to 10GB!) from the Aspera site, and upload your own files to check speed etc.

Aspera has a myriad of different products, and I have no idea how this all works - and which of them would fit my/our needs.

There are servers (software servers?) as well as client software, as well as browser plugins (like the Aspera Connect).
Some work with Linux, Windows as well as Mac OS X. But some don't work with Linux nor Mac OS X.

To be able to evaluate any of the other products you have to request an evaluation.

I haven't been in touch with Aspera myself, but my reseller has, and I got pricing info on a trade-in from our current DigiDelivery/LT (?) to a new "solution". (I haven't had the time to really look in to that yet, and to tell the truth: I don't even know if they _have_ a solution that would be right for us.)

If you check out Aspera's solutions - or any other manufacturer's! - and find a solution for you, please keep us informed.

-matts