View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 12:14 AM

Default S3LX Strange Noise - DSP related?

Has anyone else ever encountered a high pitch loud squeal when changing around/disabling and loading new plug ins?

I was at a event before doors just moving some stuff around the plugin rack, I disabled some plug ins to free up some DSP loaded a Crane Song Phoenix and this horrible high pitch digital squeal came blaring out of the PA at full signal for about 2 seconds and nearly knocked me out of my chair.

After checking the DSP usage It looked like it allocated the DSP differently for plugin sharing and the percentages were different on all 4 DSP's then it was prior to this noise happening, maybe the system reloaded the DSP?

I've never had this happen before and wondered if anyone has encountered it before?

After it happened the system was very sluggish, metering was laggy, took a couple seconds to changes any window so I shutdown, rebooted. Changed some more plug ins and never could replicate the issue again.

I even went into the history reloaded the show 1 min back, and replicated the same actions I did and still nothing.