View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman View Post
Thank you Tom for your post, unfortunatley it won't make me spend twice the price of other PT users to upgrade my PT10 HD2 system with my Control 24 to a HDX system. To jump from one unsupported controller system to another which will be likewise dumped in a few years is frankly thinking we were born with more than a little bit missing!!

When many of us have build our studios around our centre piece controllers a C24 just is a retrograde step and I would think that that from Pro Control owners the feeling might be just a bit stronger!!

What you have done with the Control 24 and Pro Control users is shown that all your controllers have a finite life of about 10 years from release for updates. When you consider the investment required over this period many will choose not to invest, is this really the message you wanted to communicate. Sounds that you have just killed many potential sales just because you won't produce 2 64 bit drivers, so to save a few dollars you have lost ten of thousands.

It's a hard message in reply, but I hope you understand the strong feeling, the financial mountain is just too great for the miminal improvement.

cheers Scotsman
+1. The life of an ethernet controller should be when the connection is completely obsolete and no longer used. But each company its own policy and priority even if it seems wrong on a commercial point of view.

I think that most Pro Control and Control 24 users won't buy AVID controllers again and won't recommend them to their friends or clients. Better off buying more universal products.