View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 12:27 AM

Default Pro Tools AAF Export Problem (please, urgent!) :(

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum (although I read it relentlessly for fixes so thank you all) but I'm stumped with this current problem.

I received a 4.3GB embedded AAF from an editor through media composer and was able to import it and work on it in pro tools without any problem.

Now I have to export it as an AAF and send it back, now this is where I am having issues.

My exported AAF file is only ever getting to 2GB in size and if I try and reopen it in pro tools, I get an error message saying 'file is not a pro tools session or OMFI file'.

I know from media composer's end there is an option to create an AAF bigger than 2GB, but I can't find it on the pro tools end! Also, the work I have added to the project is on seperate tracks, if I export them seperate to the original tracks, I don't have an issue. It is only when I include the original tracks that came with the AAF that it doesn't work (and caps out at 2GB). I need to be able to export them all together as I have replaced sounds and muted clips in the original tracks to show what has been changed.

Please help!!