View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Zoom H4n Recorder and Pro Tools M-Powered--PLEASE HELP

Avoid ASIO4ALL unless you absolutely must have it. I, several others I know, have had problems with other PC devices after ASIO4ALL was installed and it took some extra PC work to get the PC back to working properly after ASIO4ALL was uninstalled.

As I noted, the Zoom is not an Avid device and will not be detected by the MP9 version.

The Maudio mobile pre has two combination XLR-1/4" analog inputs. When you start PT MP9, you must have the Maudio mobile pre connected to the PC and operational. After PT starts, click on "Setup" then "Hardware". It show Your Mobile Pre as the Peripherals Window. If the Mobile Pre is not shown there, you have a setup problem with the Mobile Pre and Windows and you need to go back over that before you can use it with PT MP9.

If it is shown OK, then click on Setup/Playback Engine and your Mobile Pre should be shown along with the buffers and other parameters. Finally click on Setup then I/O and it should again show the analog input channels on your Mobile Pre. If you have all this then you can record with the Mobile Pre and you can connect the Zoom's Analog output (single channel or stereo) to the Mobile Pre and record it.

I know of no other way to get the Zoom to work with the Proprietary MP9 version. As I noted if you had the non proprietary full PT9 or PT10 then there is a possibility. I am a PC tech and I've tried circumventing the proprietary restrictions and there is no way to hack into it to us a non Avid/MAudio device for recording. You can spend the $$ talking to Avid but they are going to bascially tell you the same thing.

Member of Nashville R.O.P.E. Assn.