View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
There are external tools available for what you want. PT already has a million shortcuts and adding more is always going through this filter: is it possible/easy/feasible with Avid Control Surfaces? Like it or not, everything must be able to do with a S6

Personally, I prefer the keyboard and I would like this possibility. Cheaper than an S6 ...

I had controllers of all kinds, including the Artist series, and I used PT Control. This compensates for the lack of direct possibilities in PT, but with Cubase, for example, I do not need a controller. All that an S6 does (except the studio decoration) is possible by the keyboard. Only addition: a quality expression pedal for automation, then a Komplete keyboard. Everything is here.

Only regret in memory of PT: the extraordinary function of gain clip. I still have trouble adjusting to it without it, because Cubase, like Studio One, does not show the direct effect of the gain curves on the shape of the waves. Samplitude, yes. And the management of clips overlays. PT is unbeatable on this point.
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com