View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:13 AM

Default Clock Source Error - General question

Hi

After trawling the DUC archives, the general consensus about how to solve the Clock Source/Sample Rate error seems to be "nobody knows".

I have no problem with this and am always grateful for any help I get on the DUC so I wonder if someone can answer this:

Is this likely to be a software or hardware issue?

If I use the built in sound (and take the mbox 2 pro out of the equation) it works fine, the error goes away. With the mbox plugged in, any time I open a different session, I run the risk of the error coming back (about 50% of the time it comes back).

I did a reinstallation of PT10 yesterday and I have all the suggested things in place regarding power settings, wifi off, time machine off, prefs trashed, disk permissions reset and I still get the issue when I have the mbox connected.

If I need to buy something new, I can live with that. I just don't want to spend a few hundred quid on something to plug it in to find it has no effect.

I'm going to try and borrow a different interface and see if it makes a difference but if anyone has any info which may be useful I'd love to hear it.

Thanks
Paul
500GB G-Drive Mini (FW audio drive)
Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion)
Pro Tools 10.0.1
Mbox 2 Pro (connected by FW)