View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Upgraded to HDX from HD3-Issues

Update for those having similar issues:
I tried a number of things and finally have the machine working without the massive number of 9093 errors. The weird issue of having a 9093 after launching PT for the first time of the day hasn’t happened either.

I had hyperthreading turned off via terminal. I turned it back on and downloaded CPU Setter. I disabled hyperthreading using CPU Setter instead. Interestingly, under about this Mac- system report- hardware, it says hyperthreading is enabled. I spoke to Bryan Christianson the developer of CPU Setter. He said “ CPUSetter works by disabling the virtual cores. Hyperthreading is still enabled in the hardware, hence the System Report entry) but only the physical cores will be scheduled. And yes - you need to have CPUSetter running for this. On exit, CPUSetter re-enables all the cores (physical + virtual).”

Now..why this works better... I do not know and don’t care. All I know is Pro Tools is running much better. Zooming in an out are smoother as well. It feels more like a Mac again. Hope this helps someone.