View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 06:29 PM

Smile Thinking of building a new computer run PT 8 only

Hello there
Currently I have a Sony Vaio notebook with a core 2 duo CPU @ 2.10 Ghz per core Centrino
32 bit Vista home premium
4 gigabytes of Ramm
350 Gigabyte internal hard drive.
Out board Firewire hard drive to record to is 350 Gigabytes.
I am runnung a 22 inch Del monitor and
USB wireless keyboard and mouse.
M-Audio Axiom 49 and trigger finger
Profire 2626
Pro tools 8.0 CS2
OKORE 2

I have gone through the suggested "by Digidesign" list and turned off all of the candy in Vista.
I am still getting crashes such as when I try to bounce audio to the recording drive PT crashes and says this:

DAE cant get audio from the drives fast enough. Your drive may be too slow or fragmented or a firewire drive may be having trouble due to the extra firewire bandwidth or CPU load (-9073).

I have applied all of the suggested remidies and still this happens. I just think I need more horse power.

I searched this forum and I have applied all trouble shooting suggested on my own to no avail. I simply think that I am asking to much of this notebook computer, to run all the USB gear, M-Audio Axiom 49 and also the Trigger Finger. The outboard keyboard and the outboard monitor.

I run it this way due to having a bad back and need to be able to move around the keyboard and or mouse when working or else my legs and left arm go numb after about 20 minutes and I can get any work done after that.
In short, I am thinking Core i7. All I need is a new Mobo, Ramm and CPU. I have the rest of the parts to do the build.
Any suggestions about those parts would really be appreciated.
Budget is limited to about $700.00 for these 3 parts.
Hope I didn't run on to long in this post. Just wanted to give all info I could think of.
Thank you in advance for any replies.. and patiience with this newbee...