View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Does anyone here use a Korg padKontrol?

Thanks. Yes, I know how to do it. But when I do it via USB, I wasn't able to drag the midi out from it into the digi midi in. Do I not need to?? It just shows up next to the Digi interface in the midi devices. Then under all that (not NEXT to it) is my Keyboard Controller, which I had a line drug from the out up to the Digi In. I assumed I'd have to do the same thing for the Korg device, but it won't let me. A screen shot would explain everything. Also, if I create a new midi device, the Korg padKontrol isn't even an option. So, I suppose I'd have to select a General midi device??

Bottom line is.. don't I have to tell the Digi that the Korg is sending Midi out info thru it???? If that is the case, I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

I've read the manual a 1,000 times, and I'm just "not getting it". The diff between powering it up via the USB cable, and powering it up with an adapter. I have the ability to do both. This whole USB-Midi powered by the USB port vs powered with an adapter and using the regular Midi I/O's. Confusing. I've never used a USB midi device before.

Thanks!
jason
OWC External FW HDD
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonsheroan