View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 08:58 PM

Default Mbox Pro 3rd Generation.

Hey,

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me. I have had nothing but problems with protools on my PC since I installed it, but now, after much back and forth installing drivers and everything, protools works. But my Mbox is far from the goal.

The issue, I believe, is the hardware buffer size, it seems that no matter how high I put the hardware buffer size, the device just freezes and konks out on me. What happens is that on the mbox pro control panel, the levels freeze. The graphic level meters just stay where they are and the mbox becomes unresponsive. I either have to turn it off and reset it, or close anything that is connected to it and restart the program.

The added issues are that every other program utilizing the mbox as it's audio input, also freezes, for me in particular recently, fraps' video files become corrupt at the same time the mbox freezes.

This is the same as all input recordings on any DAW.
Audacity,
Pro Tools 9,
and FL Studio 11. (Which, of all the DAW's I seem to have the closest luck getting a full responsive mbox)

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 62bit,
Mbox Pro firmware: 1.0.19.
And I'm trying to use the front mbox mic inputs.
I also have a ASUS Xonar Essence STX audio card. (I've heard they can conflict, but yet to know if the card I have does or doesn't)