View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Errors and hyperthreading

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
Not sure how many times that I can state that this problem does not affect Pro Tools. I have never seen it affect anything other than Cubase.
nope.

i knew you'd quote me to try correct me again so i unmuted this single post, but even if pro tools does not schedule 2 mmcss threads per core (which you have no proof it doesn't or me vice versa - yet), the windows 10 limit of 28 logical cores total per app still applies.

Now, besides the one time you answered this question when I asked about it, by kindly telling me "I was asking things above my pay grade", you said you hadn't experienced the problem. On the other hand, there is someone on Win 10 with a 12 core machine experiencing the problem in this very topic (cpu spikes), and solving it by turning off hyper threading. I don't think that qualifies for "not sure how many times I can state that this problem does not affect pro tools". Why not prove that pro tools does NOT schedule 2 mmcss threads per core? I'll be waiting.

Last edited by TNM; 03-01-2018 at 04:35 PM. Reason: added info