View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 05:50 PM

Default Re: PT Express - No Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly72 View Post
Hello everyone.
I'm still new to all this but I bought the Avid Fast Track Solo that included Pro Tools Express and I have my headphones plugged into the jack but I can't hear any sounds. Will someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? This whole situation has been very discouraging.
What you are most likely doing wrong is not reading/following the documentation. THAT WAS EASY!

You cannot random-walk you way though this easily, you need to read/understand the documentation. Make sure you have followed all install and systems optimization instructions (almost none of those are obvious to a new user) Follow the documentation and basic beginner examples your documentation provides, especially if that includes tutorials or sample sessions, they are a great way to get started.

A good starting point besides those examples and sample sessions is to create a new Pro Tools session, create a **stereo** **audio** (not instrument, not MIDI, etc.) track (Track>New) and then drag and drop your favorite MP3 or similar audio file onto that track. Get basic play-back working before trying anything more complex like recording audio or playing with virtual instruments.

There are also many great beginner videos on You Tube.

Once you are following the instruction in the documentation and if you then don't understand something or it is not working then come back and ask specific questions, referring to what exact instructions/documentation you are following and provide into on your system etc. as asked for under the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this and every other DUC Web page.

And example info would include what exact make/model headphone plugged into exactly what jack, a description of what audio content you are trying to hear, what all the Solo knobs are set to, whether waveforms show up in the Pro Tools edit windows or whether the Pro Tools meters move, etc. when you press play. We cannot just guess what the hell it is you have and are trying to do....