View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Buying a used Control 24. Is it still a good idea? Owners or ex-owners please hel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intini View Post
Thank a lot for all the inputs. I really appreciate.
With regards to checking the unit, it is not so simple, as I believe the dealer must not have a Pro Tools rig installed. I am trying to get a transfer of ownership from him. If he gives me that, then I will consider buying, because I really want to be able to upgrade. I may get a D-Command ES later on next year. But I heard that Digidesign prices in the UK are going to go up by around 25%(!). So I am not sure if I will be able to aford an upgrade soon.
Does anyone have a short-list of things to check when buying my Control 24? Maybe how old it is, if they changed PSU, etc?
Hi,

As mentioned check the serial number! i think from F onwards the power supply was much better.

Look closely at the scribble strips for any flickering! go to utility mode/test and there's a function to check all scribble strips/lamps/faders etc and the famous vegas mode.

The monitor section is often a problem area, but difficult to check unless its all hooked up to a rig!

If its a later one in good cosmetic condition then its totally recommended.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.