View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 02:37 AM

Default Re: WD 1 TB hard drive partitioning for optimal protools sessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Brennan View Post
Thanks to all above responses! I wish I had known about the USB not recommended before picking up the WD drive.

I'm thinking I'm gonna pickup a Glyph drive for PT alone, and use the WD for Time Machine/back up of itunes/back up PT session folders.

This leads to an addendum to my initial Q-

How would I arrange Glyph drive and Mbox2Pro with my iMac (which only has a single firewire 800 port): would I get something like a "splitter" to create multiple firewire 800 ports, to which I would then connect my Mbox and Glyph drive respectively, OR

simply "slave" the glyph drive to the Mbox's extra firewire 400 port? Does the order of these peripheral devices matter, and should I try to get a Glyph drive with firewire 800 or does it not matter since the Mbox only has 2 firewire 400 ports?

Thanks- J
I thought iMac had 2 firewire ports? Anyway, connect the HD to the Mac, then the MBox to the HD. That is the best way to do it. Also a suggestion, I would make sure the Drive is formatted in HFS+. You might not be able to read it on Windows (Unless you use the freeware on the Mbox disc, it will read it perfectly), but the drive will not hiccup as much and run a lot smoother.

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro