View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 06:24 AM

Default Re: MB Comp / DynEq on Chug Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That's why I went with C6 when it was on one of those $29 sales deals. It's C4 with the 2 floating bands.

While I have the IQ-EQ and it's very versatile it has a distinctive sound that's different from every other eq out there. Not that that's a bad thing just
Adam:
If by 'chug' guitar you're talking about djent or prog metal - don't try it with a Strat or any single coil guitar. Humbuckers only with the mids scooped by whatever method you choose. For me I'd do it on the amp itself.
Ya, that's basically what I was getting at.. apparently my blackout brain didn't know how important the ext. sidechain is with MB.

I know exactly what your talking about with the Hofa EQ having it's own sound; I like it's coloring. Do they have a free EQ? I'm not at my computer so I can't check if it's free or just a demo that doesn't expire cuz it throws static at ya every minute.

Not sure what Djent is.. I'll have to look that one up. I'm just doing heavy rock. The few chug parts are just 1/8ths, maybe a couple quick 1/16ths here n there, but none that dominate the progression. I keep it mainly in standard n drop D; I got one with a drop C, but there isn't any chug crap in that one.

Guess I just gotta try this MB technique and see if it's even needed.