View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Slate urges against early odoption of new MacOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I would have to test this when I have enough time, but I'm thinking if you have partitioned your drive to two HFS+ partitions and then install there, that drive cannot convert to APFS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
If that’s your hesitation, then I can put your mind at rest. Upgrading a partition to APFS will do absolutely nothing to your other HFS partition. My studio computer has an SSD with two partitions - one with Sierra and one with High Sierra. No issues. I’ve also wiped that HS partition and installed Sierra on it. Again, no issues.

It’s the same as buying a new drive and having to format it from its existing FAT or NTFS to HFS etc. You can erase partitions and have different formats. There is no issue. This is exactly how Bootcamp works on a Mac. One drive, two partitions, two different file systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks much to the two of you - you've put my mind to rest. As I said I researched this and just couldn't find definitive answers one way or the other. Gives me something to do this weekend. I've got time between projects so it should be a good time to forge ahead.

QAPLA!