View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Session 8 for mac info, version 2.0 and 882 Studio

Hello,
I have a few question for the "old schoolers" out there in DIGI land.

#1 Session 2.0 for mac?
I see in the answerbase that "Session 8 version 2.0" for mac was initally released on August 1995.

From abase "08/04/95 version 2.0 (initial release)"

However I see no other reference to this release for Macintosh. Was it so buggy it was pulled? Has anyone out there actually run it?

#2 Session 8 / 882 Studio 3 rack space unit general questions?
I have learned a few things about this interface since aquiring it a few months ago:

1. The "Session 8" interface and the "882 Studio" are the same box with different names.

2. It does not work with PT after 4.0.1 because of I/O routing problems.

3. When hooked to my PT III PCI card, TDM clock is detected from 882 Studio, however, since I have 5.0.1 installed it is useless.

4. Original MAC release "nubus era" to work with Session 8 1.1 (free d/l from DIGI)

5. 882 Studio will only work on 1st Disk I/O card. Others must be 882 or 888 for more inputs. (442 doesn't work with PCI period)

Questions:
#1 Will this interface work with my PCI Project Disk I/O (FD serial) if I run PT 4.0.1 or is it (the 882 Studio) nubus only (IE need to get a 8100 era nubus mac?)

#2 What "mac OS" should I run with PT 4.0.1? OS 8.6, or earlier?

#3 Anyone know of any "good links" about this hardware/software up on old university FAQ sites or "Lowendmac" type of groups?

Lastly: Why do I care about 1994 era hardware?
I run a weekly open mic night in a small college town, and want to do "free recordings" once a month for the local performers b/c I'm a nice guy.

Thanks in advance for any info on my "legacy adventure."

bmd