View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Interface package confusion

Allow me to once again point out that while there have been some rumors on various sites and quite a few quotes from "a guy who knew a guy who walked by Guitar Center", the 003's are still listed on Avid's web pages, and there has been no official announcement from Avid that they are being discontinued!

If you buy a 003 because it meets your needs today, and Avid discontinues it tomorrow, it will still do exactly the same things tomorrow that it will do today.

Now that doesn't mean that there aren't some better prices out there than the ones you posted, I've seen some that were better, but as far as the 003 being discontinued, it ain't so 'til Avid says it's so...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh