View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Sandra report

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
If it was me, I'd try to repair the MBR - search online - and if that didn't work, clone the drive, then swap in the new one. Personally, I use Macrium Reflect and they have a free version.
I tried and even had a company try and help via remote. I have a single bad physical sector right at the start of the drive, in the OS partition. All cloning software stops right there.

I backed up what I could manually and organized whatever setup programs I had so when failure hits, I'll rebuild as best I can.

Here's an update:
I decided to go kamikaze style and I restarted the machine.
  • Good news: It rebooted!
  • Bad News: The F-er is still flashing orange.

SO, I uninstalled Protools and thought maybe the driver is corrupted and if I reinstall...

It wouldn't reinstall. I'm getting a request for a data2.cab file and a "disk 2". I read some old threads and it's a known issue with zero solutions. I used a full install setup of 8.0.4 I got directly from Digi back in the day. Kill me. In case it's a corrupted file, I did email Avid, but I also tried to install 8.0.3 and still the same error. I think I either have nodes left in the registery connected to the PACE software (my best guess) or the MBOX 2 Pro is just fried.

If I get copy of Pro Tools M 8+, I can maybe use it with a M-Audio FW 410 I have, but I don't know if the plugins are interchangeable. I'm trying to work with old PT sessions in their original environment.