View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 AM

Default Re: PT 10 6101 and 9128 errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
I've seen a few posts on similar errors but still getting no joy with their suggestions.

I am running PT10 on a brand new MBP, i7, 4GB RAM, via an Avastor hard drive for audio and RME Babyface for in/out.

On what are quite light sessions (20% CPU in the bar) I am getting these 6101 and 9128 errors. Sometime so much so I can't even work! The CPU bar and the few number of plugs I am using mean that I am not really hitting the CPU hard at all, but PT is claiming I am and stopping playback.

I have tried all buffer sizes, I have tried selecting aggregate i/o and baby face in playback engine. I am using 7 or my 8 processors on 95%.

Any ideas people? Avid are not responding to emails and we customer support code is not being accepted via the phone.
Space, lay out the details for us.... Unfortunately, there's so much crap that goes into a stable install with PT, info is paramount to the solution.

The -6101 error might indicate a firewire thru put issue. Your guess is as good as mine on the -9128 (but I think that's on Avid and their code).

See if you can get it stable on just a stripped down install with the aggregate engine first. I would go against using the outside drive for the moment,and see if you can get the thing going with a butt simple session on the internal drive(provided it's a 7.2k rpm). Go with a click and record tone. And work the external and the rme into that.

Do lots of saving /closing/restarting and go about it in a logical manner. Follow Avid's setup to the law and check your 3rd party plugs.

Ronzie

Home rigs:
Mac pro 5,1 2.66 nehalem quadcore (10.12.2 &10.13.1),24g ram,sonnet firewire 400 card, Samsung ssd 3-1T WD Caviar black (internals), 002r, PT 12.6.1 HD & 12.8.2.106).

Macbook Pro 2.5ghz quad (10.12.2),16g ram, 2 X SSD (internal),PT 12.4 HD