View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
The whole episode cannot be characterised as a simple introduction of a subscription plan. If it was, it'd be cool. Instead, it was the tactics used to do so.

The tactic used was a straight talk personal letter broadcast to the masses of customers. To paraphrase, there going to be new products, lower prices and exciting new programs amd the unbelievable deal of a lifetime. They even sent letters out the night before. What do we see? These introductory prices on new products for "heavy hitters" twice as much as they would have been and the deal of the lifetime is a not cheap subscription package.

it's the entirety of the situation. We feel lied to, maybe more insulted, like when a company tries it's best to put a positive spin on what is in effect a pay decrease to it's employees.

So what if he simply started offering a subscription price for those who wanted one? That would have been fine. Did anyone bitch when East/West started offering subscriptions? I didn't hear anything. Who else did it - maybe McDsp(?) - someone else did something similar. An alternative revenue stream is fine and dandy. Congratulations for your keen endeavor. nope. We get marketing hype and BS to the point where it would have been easier to clear up if they had decided to shove ice cream cones up our butts. At least then we would not have been lied to in the fashion of a snake oil salesman at a carnival.

For the record, I've been - make that - I was a strong supporter of theirs.
Same here. I'm waiting to see what the price will be on the B15 in August and that'll be the last I buy from them. Been a purchaser of their stuff for a couple of years now and while there's some good stuff I and many others don't like being thrown under the bus like has happened. When I started this thread back in February to hip people to their low prices I had no idea PA would turn into the Frankenstein's monster it has become.

For those that don't know or haven't checked the GS thread there's a bunch of updates for various PA plugins. Best bet is to go to the Installation Manager and grab what you need.

QAPLA!