View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 09:58 PM

Default Re: EUcontrol 3.6 Auto-bank to selected track not working?

Hey All,

I have an Artist Cotrol (firmware 1.37) and I just installed EuControl 3.6.1 (from v3.3.2). Bank Follow was working great. Now, with this latest EUCON update... Its back to not working. I had this issue once before somewhere between 3.1.3 and 3.3.1, which is where that whole "Follow" selection came in. I saw that Simon was having the same issue. So, I thought I'd join this thread to see if there might be any resolution.

So, I see that Eddie mention that "Bank follow selection" (Mix and/or edit) should be set in both the EUCON configuration and the PT prefs. This is the case (which is the way it was with 3.3.2), but it went from working to not, in a click of the update. Exact same issues as Simon. I did however validate this after the new update.

However, unlike Simon, I'm on a Win7 Pro x64 OS (I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"... now its broke (haha)

The initial workaround in that time frame (3.1 to 3.3), was to hold down the "WIN" key (equiv to the "MAC" key) while selecting the first desired track in the bank. This is still working in 3.3.6. A bit of an inconvenience, but it works (kinda cool if you need to tweak a track outside the bank on the Artist Control). But it appears that the prefs are being ignored.

So Eddie...I was wondering; You had posted a "Clean install" link for the MAC... do you have similar for Win 7? I would be willing to try that to see if that resolves the issue on Windows. Although with all the prior updates, I've never had an issue with the installs, they seem pretty thorough as far as cleaning up after themselves. But I was thinking... there might be some prefs file not being updated or somethin... or maybe needs to be deleted and re-created? Can you think of anything there?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Hope to hear from ya!