View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools is unable to communicate with M-Audio Keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalaylee View Post
Hi all I have found a solution to my Axiom 25 2nd gen not working with my pro tools MP9. I also have a M- Audio Fast Track as well and what i did was i plugged my axiom 25 straight into my M-Audio fast track with a TRS cable or a 1/4 inch cable the ports i used for this was the EXPR port at the back of the axiom and the guitar port at the front of the Fast Track. I also still have the USB cable still plugged in straight to my computer. The Axiom works perfectly fine now and does what it is supposed to do now. I hope this helps those of you who are still having trouble with this issue.

My computer specs are:
Acer Aspire 4739Z-4462 Laptop
Intel Pentium P6200
6GB DDR3 Memory
Intel HD graphics
500 GB HDD
Windows 7 64 bit OS
Sorry, but something is way wrong here...

The EXPR jack on your keyboard is for connecting an expression pedal, and should not be carrying any audio, expecially in the case of the Axiom, which doesn't carry any audio, either.

The Guitar port on the Fast Track is (obviously) where you would plug in a guitar.

The USB cables from both the Axiom and the Fast Track should be plugged directly into your computer. If you cannot plug them both directly into the computer, make sure you use a powered hub to connect them to the computer.

There is no need to connect the Axiom and the Fast Track together with any cable. And the way you currently have them connected creates the possibility of damaging one or both of your devices.

Be as creative as you want to with your music, but setting up your recording gear has to be done totally by the book. If you set it up by the book and it doesn't work, that means something is broken. It could be a bad USB cable or a driver issue, or it could be one of your "larger" pieces of equipment.

The Internet is full of diagnostic test instructions, so is this forum. Follow these instructions and you can usually resolve the problem. But just randomly plugging and unplugging cables when you don't know what you're doing could damage your equipment...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh