View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 M-Powered Pops/Clicks with Guitar Rig 3 Kontrol Audio Recording

Thanks for the response, Greg1. To add some additional info regarding my setup and troubleshooting efforts, I have previously implemented the system optimizations recommended by Digidesign support and those settings have been in place prior to my upgrade from 7.4 to 8.0. Also, as an additional troubleshooting attempt, I have peformed the "trash and rebuild" of the DAE Preferences and Digidesign databases but experienced no improvement.

However, the suggestion of creating a separate Hardware Profile for booting up to do Pro Tools sessions is something I have not yet tried. I'll give that a shot and report back the results.

One question about your comment though, I am of the understanding that having the "Ignore Errors" preference "enabled", as opposed to "disabled", has the potential for causing audio problems which is why I have that preference disabled. For reference, I have tried troubleshooting the problem with that preference both enabled and disabled and have not noticed any improvement one way or the other.

Thanks again for the response and I'll work on setting up a specific Pro Tools bootup "Hardware Profile" and post the results.