View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 04:14 AM

Default Re: How to upgrade MPowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
The M-Powered crossgrade I believe requires you to surrender your M-powered 8 Ilok license so Ive read. There is no need for the serial, I'm sure because it's not tired to any hardware, only the ILok account. LE to 9 (requires a hardware serial) Except for the one case mentioned. But it does require it. M-Powered to 9 requires your iLok asset (so I've read) but is 100 dollars more but has no hardware tied to it.
M-Powered cross grade does not ask for a serial number, just your ilok ID account name. It does however remove your M-Powered ilok license rendering your M-Powered software useless !!! That has pissed me off, no where does it state that you will be surrendering your M-Powered license when you cross grade, this sucks !!

I wanted to use M-Powered on my XP machine and PT9 on my new Win 7/64 machine, just move my ilok between them. I feel cheated, I own numerous software apps and have done dozens of cross grades and upgrades and have never once had to surrender my original license !!