View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 10:22 PM

Default Why is track metering now so different?!?! arrgh!

Why does the track level meter now show whats ON disk regardless of the track being record enabled or not?!? I thought it was a great feature that Protools would show you INPUT metering on a track, all the time, when the track was record enabled. This would allow me to visually SEE that a singer was in fact singing along before a punch in, or see if they are telling me to stop playback when I cant actually hear them. Usually singers like the room dark and I can never see whats going on so I used the great Protools metering to visually cue me in to whats going on.

WHY is it now only showing the level of whats on DISK, even when record enabled in 6.4?!? Its driving me crazy! It was such a cool feature that you would SEE input but HEAR whats on disk in auto-input mode. I think they changed a good feature for no reason. Anyone else agree?

Not to mention that if I select INPUT ONLY globally, i still have to engage it on every new track that is record enabled. Why did Digidesign change the ability to select INPUT ONLY and LEAVE IT LIKE THAT UNTIL I TELL IT TO SWITCH?!? Arrgh! PT 6.4 is driving me nuts. Its killing major aspects of my work flow!

MT
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ř Cancellation!•