View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 04:46 AM

Default Re: PT won't relink audio despite me seeing the files

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but... I found a solution for this annoying bug, so maybe somebody in need will find this helpful.

I received a session with mixed .wav and .mxf files, exported from PT11.3.2 with "save copy as" for PT9.0.6 - with no conversion apparently...

Imported, all .wav files are online, 1217 audio files offline. Project browser sees them as .wav, however they are in .mxf containers in "Audio Files".

It is very inconvenient to go back to the PT11 station, as it's in a different country and the 22 Gb transfer took some time.

Manually relinking the files, one by one, works, but to do this for 1217 files?!

So after a few hours, I came to a solution:

1 Create a new session in the bit rate and sample rate of the original MXF's.
2 Import the .mxf files via "Import Audio", and in this window, do NOT choose "convert", instead choose "Add"
3 Save a copy of the session via "Save session as", format "latest", tick "copy all files" and choose the "wav" format
4 Re-open original session which wouldn't relink
5 When given the warning for offline files, select "Manually relink", by Name, Match Duration, uncheck all other drives and folders, browse to the session copy you saved, and check only the "Audio Files" folder there.
6 Click "Find Links" at the top
7 Party.