View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Interface for Big Band

So you are talking about recording live sound. To record the discrete tracks, the house mixer must have line outs on each channel, which you would connect to the line-ins of an ADA8000 (not the xlr mic ins). When you say you are using an 002 mixer does that refer to a Digidesign 002 interface, or is it just a mixer? If it is the Digi 002 interface, you have 8 line ins on that, plus the lightpipe input that will receive the 8 channels of ADAT from the ADA8000. The Digi 002 also has lightpipe out, which is used to transmit the master clock to the ADA 8000. With the Digi002 you are limited to the 8 tracks of ADAT in, so you could not stack 2 ADA800's. I am sure there are some interfaces that permit more than 8 ADATs in. I am not familiar with the input capabilities of the Eleven rack. Maybe someone else can chime in on that device.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.