View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 10:04 AM

Default Re: WTB: TC Electronics MD3 TDM Bundle

Hey Rantan Plan,

No problem with the hijack.

Yes I tried PT10.3.10 on OSX 10.10 (went from 10.8.5). Didn't work. Technically it did run, but most of the menus and pull-downs were all fricked up. Un-useable basically.

As you will see from my signature I ended up on OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks. It's not officially supported, but it works beautifully apart from one small little superficial OSX behavioural thing I won't bore you with. It's the one operating system version that sort of has one foot in the old world, and one in the new.

Certain software's I run (some Kontakt libraries for instance) have a minimum of 10.9.5, so I kind of find I'm in an acceptable place still running PT10.3.10 and OSX 10.9.5.

I actually have a slave machine running High Sierra and Vienna Ensemble Pro between the two machines for all the libraries that won't run in older Kontakt (5.8 I think) and/or OSX 10.9.5. It's a very palatable setup TBH. Not much I can't do between the two machines linked.

Hope that helps.

Steve B.

PS: If you need to know the one oddity of 10.9.5, drop me back a note here and I'll explain.