View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Is UAD worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
Jeepers! I would never have considered tracking through UAD plugins because I knew they introduced extra latency... but that is far beyond what I expected! My plan was to just use UAD in a a way to lighten the load on the CPU so I could keep the sample buffers lower for longer.... but it sounds like that isn't possible either? I would have thought even if UAD plugins introduced latency, they could still run comfortably at 64 sample buffers and ADC in Pro Tools would just kick into gear and take care of it when playing back a mix while tracking.
yes of course for mixing that's fine.. most will add about 24ms latency each and the PDC will take care of it.

Because pro tools has an internal 1024 buffer mixing engine, UAD adds that plus whatever the latency of the plugin is.

My gripe is with apollo and console which is billed as zero latency monitoring and it's all a lie.
A big one.