Thread: Freeze Tracks
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Freeze Tracks

Ok printing out to a new audio track is too much. I get it. But isn't that Cubase app unable to easily give individual files from a session? If somebody brings in Cubase format sessions, I've always said they need to consolidate and export so we can fly the tracks in. I've never seen this done. I've been told you have to - wait for it - solo and bounce every track! So which is easier? I'd prefer to layback out of busses to new audio tracks (in PT from audio or VI) but I can see how that's three or more clicks. Yet I print FX this way all the time from older systems (like our PT5 setups with the Lexiverb.)

Create new tracks (1 click)
Set outputs to busses (1 click)
Set new tracks to inputs same busses (1 click) - and great key commands for this input / output thing
Name tracks (yeah, there's clicking involved on this one)
Record arm (almost 1 click)
Run track (1 click)
Hide and Make Inactive on original tracks

So, yeah, it takes a few. I don't know about 10, but there's a reason this job is detail oriented and fits under the 'pro' and 'specialized' side of 'work'. Seems easy to me, but I suppose if it were easy, everybody would be doing it - oh wait, they are!

And if BTD on multimono files (and choosing import when done bouncing), PT magically flies the new bounces to new tracks at your current selection (if you pick 'new track' as opposed to 'region list'.

So all this pecking at the iPhone to get my point across here I could have done it several times already!