View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Eucon 3 - Artist Control not connecting to PT

Good news. Avid has helped me solve the problem. Here are the steps:

Disable the MC Client and the EuControl software from running at start up (this is done differently in Win7 and Win8 and if you don't know how to do it, enter a simple query in Google and there are a ton of websites that will explain it).

Make sure to turn on the Artist Mix before turning on your PC. Once your PC is up, run EuControl manually then run Pro Tools. You do NOT need to run the MC Client manually.

For me, Pro Tools recognized the device without issue - I tried it several times. I did NOT have to set a static IP for this to work. DHCP works fine.

Other important notes:
- sequence of events is critical. Surface, PC then EuControl
- if your PC goes to sleep you will lose connection to PT and PT will no longer see the surface
- if you turn off the surface and turn it back on without restarting your PC PT will not see the surface.

Avid suggested that a router in between the surface and the PC would possibly elminate the need for the surface to be on before the PC and the need to load EuControl software manually after boot put (can re-enable it to run at start up). I have NOT tried this yet but will do so this weekend.

Glad to have this solved. Hope others benefit from this.