View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Can't say that I've seen what you're talking about wrt MIDI sample rounding but then again I don't work in MIDI clips (yeah I went back and read through the 8 page thread you and a couple of others posted to). I just make my timeline selections and move things about as I need to - quick & painless AND I don't have to worry about missing notes.

As far as updates and not bug fixes - ARA doesn't do anything for me. What I'd like to see built into PT is Ircam time/stretch. I know it can be done in UVI Falcon but how about it as just a separate plugin? That way I don't have the cpu overhead that would be wasted working inside Falcon.

MIDI fx? Meh. If I can't play it in correctly I just have to keep trying and not rely on a program routine to do the job for me. Sequences & arpeggios? I play 'em in manually thank you very much. Then copy/paste as necessary. I like the human element when it's done that way. Drums being one of my instruments helps a great deal with timing.
How we all create music is different & personal to the creator particularly depending on what style & type of music we each create, so the midi sample rounding bug is a real issue for many.

I play more than one instrument, but modern forms of music have evolved, some even have been born because of technology (DnB, Dubstep....). We use fx, plugins (audio & midi) & computers creatively in ways many either don't try, can't be bothered, cannot do or are not interested in, so we can experiment and push creativity in new & fresh ways. Music, particularly in this modern age is expressed more widely with those who were born before & those who were born in an age with the use of computers in music......there are rules but there aren't any rules in creative expression.
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions