View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 04:55 PM

Default Im getting clicks and pops through the recording input of my apollo twin mk2

a few weeks ago i noticed clicks and pops through the recording input while in protools. at first i thought is was protools but i realized while protools was closed, i was still getting the same clicks and pops through the console app of my Apollo twin. I've had my Apollo twin for almost a year now, this just happened out of the blue. so what i did to try and find the problem was take my apollo twin, my mic and my mic cables to a friends house that had the same exact apollo. first i just hooked my mic up to his whole recording set up, didn't get the clicks and pops. after realizing it wasn't my mic, i unhooked his cables and replaced them with my cables, still no clicks and pops. so then i decided to unhook his apollo and replace it with my apollo, still no clicks and pops. thats when i really got confused. i just pretty much swapped out everything but the cpu and speakers and still no clicks and pops. now its getting really weird. so i decided to go back home and reevaluate the situation. i said to my self the only thing that i didnt take to his house that could have made a difference was my cpu and speakers. so i unhooked my speakers and took them as far away from my set up and i was still getting the clicks and pops. so then i thought maybe it has something to do with the outlets i had my studio plugged into. so i unhooked my cpu, apollo, mic cables, and mic. took them to a totally different spot in my home, new outlet, still got the clicks and pops. took them to another spot again and the clicks and pops was still there. so now im really confused. im like wtf, this makes no sense. so then i had my friend who allowed me to bring my equipment to his home come to me this time. he hooked his equipment up in my home this time and got those same clicks and pops. the only thing i didnt do yet is test a different interface and cpu in my home. i reset my cpu back to factory settings, and once i placed the software back on my cpu i was still getting the clicks and pops. somebody please help me, I've tried everything and this makes no sense to me. im using an apollo twin mk2, protools 10,12, imac 21.5 inch late 2011, osx 10.9.5