View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Dante Virtual Soundcard

Interesting... I know standard Pro Tools 12 is only supposed to support up to 32 tracks max for tracking at a time. I have a full rednet system with two HD32rs via pro tools hd and native thunderbolt. But I also want to run a second backup recorder on a second macbook pro just using Dante virtual sound card and won't need more than 32 tracks. So for fun I just tried Pro Tools 12 non hd, set the Dante Virtual Sound card setting it to 64 ins and outs and in Pro Tools setup I set the IO to default and all 64 channels came up. I am trying this at home not connected to my Dante network but was still able to record 64 tracks... and I am wondering how this is possible. It currently has no master clock, and this was just a quick test but still seems odd that I was able to set pro tools io to 64 ins and outs with the DVS as my hardware choice. I also looked at the Most likely it will only let 32 channels get signal in the end but I was able to record 64 tracks during my test. Will find out when I get it on the network on next week.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control