View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 12:57 PM

Default Urgent: Serious issue with clip effects

Hey Bob,

I’m sat in front of Pro Tools right now and I think I’m seeing what you’re seeing...

Three green ‘power’ indicators show that the EQ, Filters and Dynamics section are on.

However in the filter section I need to press the 1 and/or 2 buttons to actually engage the filters. Can you confirm if the 1 and/or 2 buttons on your system are engaged as default?

As soon as I change a parameter the corresponding clip then has an ‘EQ’ symbol in it. Same for the dynamics section.

If I revert all controls back to how they were then the EQ symbol disappears.

So it appears to me that although the sections are ‘On’ none of the controls are engaged or affecting the audio.

Whatever the outcome, I believe as much as you do that the clip section should be off until required.

Best,
James

Mac Mini 8,1 (2018) | 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 | 64GB Ram | Apple 27" LED Cinema | 2TB System Drive | LaCie Rugged USB-C 2TB SSD NVMe Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad Satellite (Firewire)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7 | Avid HDX TB3 Chassis | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24