View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Faders - D-COMMAND issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markk View Post
We have been noticing that some of the Faders on the main D-Command module are acting up. If we move them they don't change the Pro Tools values and as soon as we let the fader go, they revert back to where they were. It feels like a mechanical issue with the motor. We've tried resetting the defaults on the board and ran Vegas mode and all the other utilities. It seems like the affected faders are the first 3 faders starting at the leftmost one on the main module. The expansion doesn't seem to be affected at all. I've attached a photo of the affected faders.

Hi,

I have fixed some of mine by removing them and stripping apart and giving them a good clean and lubricate with switch cleaner. they do get a build up of fluff and dust inside but a good clean and lube often fixes and also makes them smoother to use.

Failing that its replace them.

Its not that difficult to get them out. unscrew the main panel and unscrew the individual faders. lift the panel up and if you've got small hands you can unplug the faders and remove them.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.