View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 06:01 AM

Default Re: NVMe upgrade for Mac Pro 4.1/5.1 Mojave

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I don't understand your statement of "And you are defeating that shroud as a heatshink design, not a good idea at all." - please explain. And what is this 'small fan in a shroud in a pcie slot' you speak of?

And I believe the Mac cheesegrater's cooling is actually designed for way more cooling than you think. How about putting cards in every slot in the card cage? Surely that raises the heat load?
I believe the small fan he is talking about is the one mounted on the Crest Card itself (see ghostwriters post #178, the picture on right shows the fan)

I now have all 4 PCIe slots filled and I would guess the answer is yes, there is more heat generated, because as I mentioned there now seems to be more (slightly louder) and constant fan noise coming from my machine. Such that because I am in a one room situation. I will now have to address that noise while trying to record more so than before (It's always somthin' )

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 08-10-2019 at 06:57 AM.