View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Disk Warrior to repair Mac OSX Sierra?

Thank you for your input: The drive is an SSD connected to the internal bay in the computer (I will copy and paste the specs). I don't know if this is a drive issue at all, I just don't know why the computer just shuts down while working in Pro-Tools. Today, I did a 4 hour ADR session with zero issues but last night, the computer just shut down several times in the same exact session, same drives, no other application running. When the computer shuts down, I have to unplug it form the wall and wait, otherwise, when it re-starts either it shuts down again or if it in act starts (sometimes without the apple chime) when the apple menu appears, it shows a bunch of what looks like DOS computer language that fills 1/3 of the screen superimpossed or to the side of the apple logo. Then I shut it down again, same process and this time it would start correctly (I can use it for days with no issues until it happens again). Every time this happens I run disk utility and it does not find anything to fix in the Systems drive (that passes) but it always finds something to fix 'repears bad data' in all the other drives connected to the computer. This started happening when I upgraded to the latest pro-tools that I have (but I can not blame pro tools because it could be something else). I re-loaded Pro-Tools (full re-install). I use USB drives for audio which are connected to the USB card in a PCI, an Esata internal for video, and SSD for systems drive. I will upload the specs for SSD drive