View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Video with PT 12.8 HD

Confirmed that video with PTHD12.8 works as expected here ...

Mind you, there are a plethora of other inconsistencies /bugs with PTHD & windows 10 & which do not apply to any of the other software I have installed. PT is a bit like a virus with all of its various special reqs, AAX folders etc. Then there's the ancient UI with non-floating windows & old Win 7 look. Mad, running that on a couple of VDUs with much dicking about ...

I use both mac os and win platforms as well & for similar reasons you mention; in this case, for 4k video production & where any current mac simply doesn't have the level of hardware required. The only reason PT is sitting on this system is that (unlike other applications w/ dodgy AAF import) it so happens it round-trips perfectly with NLE DaVinci Resolve for final soundtrack finessing. Otherwise I stick to Nuendo et al. Zero issues there and all of the other apps actually look and run like a modern application built for Windows 10.

Back to the video question: the Resolve timeline export feature uses mxf to open a perfect session in PT, including all of the audio regions /placements and a rendered video file at user-designated res. This all scrolls, plays and performs well. Ditto w/ fresh importing & opening an external video in the timeline; has not had any problems with the usual container /codecs such as MP4, MOV, DHNxHD, ProRes etc.

Could be that you have a system issue & so perhaps a clean install /roll-back may be helpful? The GPU and/or drivers may also be worth investigating. One of the v. useful things about Win10 IMHO is 'restore points' & saving these deliberately has saved my ass on any number of occasions (including with multiple failed /idiotic error-ridden PT installs). Good luck.
MacPro 7,1 Big Sur 11.2. 16 core, 2TB, 192GB, Vega II 32GB. OWC Thunderbay 6, RME UFX+, UAD-2 quad PCIe, Decklink MiniMon 4k, Sonnet M.2 4x4. Dell U3419W & BenQ SW2700PT. FaderPort 16, Komplete Kontrol S61, Nuendo, Wavelab, Pro Tools Ultimate, Logic, Ableton Live. FinalCutPro, Resolve Studio.