View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Advice Buying DAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam79 View Post
Can you expand on this or refer me to a link? Since all the new MacBooks use i5's this is a big problem. Is it the same for the i7 too? As well as the rest of this family of processors?

https://www.apple.com/mac/compare/notebooks.html

All new Macbooks use i7 as far as I can see on this page and the option to choose i5. you can search the forum here and see most of the i5 models have problems with CPU issues. You need to folw the recommended specs and that clearly shows i7 Cpu And 8 GB Minimum 16 prefered.

I would never recommend anyone buying a new computer with i5 processor as it will be problems since you say you will have lots of tracks and plugins. Never get the lowest specs or what you think is enough as it never is. Been there done that

I would say get the i7 with 16 GB ram as you are stuck with the amount of RAM you get when you buy and you also need a fast external hard drive. SSD in a Thunderbolt chassie or a 7200rpm atleast in a USB3 or Thunderbolt chassie so thats another 300-500 dollars you need to add to the purchase of the MBP.
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————