View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: PT 7.4 LE - Waveforms drawing incorrectly

Hi, thanks for looking into this. I had this problem occasionally in LE 6.x. It happens very often in 7.4.
What usually happens is when punching in a mono track the waveform is wrong for the first 3 seconds and then the wrong shape is repeated for the next 3 seconds. I also get the last 3 seconds of a waveform repeating into the silence at the end, where nothing is there. The incorrect wave form sections are always in exactly 3 second cycles, the same as the time it takes to make the waveform visible in quickpunch mode. Yesterday I had this happen for 30 takes in a row.
This happens for me working with an external converter and clock, using Quickpunch and Low Latency Monitoring. It seems that if I toggle quickpunch and LLM off and on the problem goes away.(for a while) Quiting protools also seems to fix the problem.
It would be great to have a fix for this, I assumed it would have been dealt with a while ago.
thanks!

This problem exists on a powerbook G4 1.5ghz, 1.5ram, OSX10.4.9, 002R, protools 7.4.